Nowruz Egg Painting PastFriday, March 6, 2015 ,
Want to win a free ticket to ISA's Nowruz party?
Come to our egg painting event this Friday 12-3 PM in Santa Cruz room (located in the cafeteria.)
Haft-Sin, meaning the seven S's, is a traditional table setting which has symbols of Nowruz. These symbols, which all start with S, include:
1. Sabzeh: wheat, barley, mung bean or lentil sprouts growing in a dish - symbolizing rebirth
2. Samanu: sweet pudding made from wheat germ - symbolizing affluence
3. Senjed: dried oleaster Wild Olive fruit - symbolizing love
4. Sir: garlic - symbolizing medicine
5. Sib: apples - symbolizing beauty and health
6. Somāq: sumac fruit - symbolizing (the color of) sunrise
7. Serkeh: vinegar - symbolizing old-age and patience
In addition to these 7 items, it's a tradition to also decorate the table with items such as mirrors, Persian poetry books, and painted eggs!
Contact the organizer for latest event info. Kodoom.com is not responsible for any changes made in the above information. Report or Flag this event