Nowruz Meet & Greet at Oakland Museum PastFriday, March 28, 2014 ,
Nowruz Meet & Greet @ OMCA
Friday, March 28, 2014, 5–9 pm
Oakland’s popular weekly family nights will represent the Persian New Year celebration “Nowruz”! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street for a taste of local music, food, art, culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area culture!
What to expect on March 28:
• Traditional Haftsin table representing the arrival of Spring. This symbolic table is part of the Nowruz festivities celebrated by Iranian-American as well as the Afghan-American community of the Bay Area.
• Family-friendly drop-in Nowruz art activity from 5 to 8 pm
• Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
• DJs & live bands playing all night
• Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
• Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
• A vibrant and friendly environment for kids to play, for all to dance, to meet new friends and greet old ones Persian style
• Traditional costumes are optional!
Contact the organizer for latest event info. Kodoom.com is not responsible for any changes made in the above information. Report or Flag this event